NBI collating Napoles’ documentary evidence-A A +A
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
THE National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will soon secure the documents that will back Janet Napoles’ claim against individuals she dragged into the Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) scam, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said Monday.
“The NBI is now trying to get those documents from her, as part of the ongoing vetting and fact-finding process into the veracity of her allegations in the two affidavits,” de Lima said in a text message.
Napoles submitted her affidavits to the Senate last week, whose contents infuriated President Benigno Aquino III after Budget Secretary Florencio Abad and Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala were named on the list of the businesswoman’s conspirators.
She also tagged other senators and congressmen.
The detained businesswoman faces plunder charges at the Ombudsman for allegedly conniving with lawmakers and some top government officials to funnel PDAF and proceeds from the Malampaya natural gas operation to her bogus non-government organizations (NGOs) in exchange for kickbacks.
Napoles wanted to turn state witness but Aquino said she is not yet fit to get immunity from charges since she appears to be the most guilty of the corruption scandal.
He said the government has to vet on Napoles' statements regarding her knowledge on the PDAF mess. (Sunnex)