Bong Go: Cebu road rage suspect to surrender March 21 | SunStar

Bong Go: Cebu road rage suspect to surrender March 21

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Bong Go: Cebu road rage suspect to surrender March 21

Monday, March 20, 2017

CEBU. David Lim Jr., the man identified as the person who shot nurse Ephraim Nuñal in Cebu City. (Photo screencap from video)

BUSINESSMAN David Lim Jr. will submit himself to authorities on Tuesday, March 21, after shooting a male nurse over a traffic altercation, Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go said on Monday.

Go said Lim’s mother informed him through a text message that her son would surrender to Police Regional Office-Central Visayas Director Noli Taliño.

Based on the text message relayed to reporters, the mother of Lim told Go: “The family decided to follow your advice to surrender my son David Lim Jr. to the regional commander Chief Superintendent Taliño… Please help us facilitate his surrender in safety.”

Another motorist who witnessed the shooting incident released a video, which showed how Lim shot 33-year-old nurse Ephraim Nuñal along F. Sotto St., Barangay Kamputhaw, Cebu City, early Sunday morning, March 19.

The victim, who is now in stable condition, suffered gunshot wounds on the left thigh and right ankle.

In a Facebook post, Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña had informed President Rodrigo Duterte of the incident and asked for help to secure the arrest of Lim.

Lim is now under the watch list of the Bureau of Immigration following the incident. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments