Bulacan massacre suspect recants, claims cops tortured him | SunStar

Bulacan massacre suspect recants, claims cops tortured him

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Bulacan massacre suspect recants, claims cops tortured him

Thursday, July 06, 2017

BULACAN. Mug shot of Bulacan massacre suspect Carmelino Ibañes. (Courtesy of San Jose del Monte City police)

CARMELINO Ibañes, the primary suspect in the June 27 Bulacan massacre, retracted Thursday, July 6, his statement on the killing of five family members in San Jose del Monte City.

"Hindi ko po alam ‘yun. Kaya ko nasabi ‘yun kasi natatakot ako sa mga pulis kasi po tinorture po ako nila sa likod (ng police station). Binalutan po nila ako ng plastic sa ulo, tapos inanuhan po ako ng martilyo sa kamay kaya nasabi ko po 'yun (I have no idea. The police tortured me at the back of the police station and I was so afraid that I made those statements. They covered my head with plastic and my hands were hammered)," said Ibañes said.

"Sumurender po ako kasi natatakot po ako kasi sabi po nila kapag umuwi daw po ako, baka kung ano daw pong gagawin sa akin (I surrendered because I fear for my life. They told me that if I go home, something bad might happen to me)," he added.

Ibañes is facing five counts of murder and two counts of rape charges for his involvement in the killing of Auring Dizon, 58; her daughter Estrella Dizon, 28; and grandchildren Donnie, 11; Ella, 7; and Dexter Jr., 1; in the family's house in Barangay Sto. Cristo on June 27.

Ibañes earlier identified his alleged cohorts as certain Tony and Inggo. He said they were drunk and high on drugs when they raped Estrella and Auring and killed the three children.

Police Regional Office-Central Luzon Director Aaron Aquino, however, denied Ibañes was tortured because he even made similar admission when he faced the media and no torture marks have been found in his body.

Aquino said Ibañes has already issued his extrajudicial statement where he denied raping Estrella and Auring.

'Persons of interest' found dead

Two persons of interest in the Bulacan massacre case were killed separately by unknown assailants.

Last Tuesday, Rolando Pacino, alias Inggo, was found dead in San Jose del Monte, Bulacan, with stab wounds in the body; his five fingers were chopped off. His attackers left behind a note beside Pacino's body, which states "Rapist, Tulak - Wag Tularan."

Last Wednesday, Roosevelt Sorima, alias Ponga, another person of interest, was shot dead inside his house in San Jose Del Monte.

Philippine National Police Chief Ronald Dela Rosa expressed belief that Sorima and Pacino were killed by a vigilante group.

Aquino, meanwhile, said two more "persons of interest" remain missing, alias Tony and a certain Alvin Mabesa.

As for the main suspect, Aquino said he already instructed the San Jose del Monte police to ensure Ibañes's safety.

"Well sinabihan ko na 'yan sa chief of police tsaka sa provincial director to ensure the safety of Ibañes kasi nasa loob 'yan ng police station. To ensure the safety of Ibañes baka may mangyari (I told the police chief and provincial director to ensure Ibañes's safety, because he is inside the police station)," he said. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments