DOJ to start probe into teenagers' death October 10 | SunStar

DOJ to start probe into teenagers' death October 10

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

DOJ to start probe into teenagers' death October 10

Monday, September 25, 2017

THE Department of Justice (DOJ) will begin on October 10 its investigation into the death of teenagers Carl Angelo Arnaiz and Reynaldo De Guzman.

Respondents in the criminal complaints for violations of murder, torture, planting of evidence under Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act and Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act are Police Officer (PO) 1 Jeffrey Perez and PO1 Ricky Arquilita.

Taxi driver Tomas Bagcal who was allegedly robbed by Arnaiz is also facing same complaints filed by the teenagers' parents.

Public Attorney's Office Chief Persida Rueda-Acosta said they still consider Bagcal as a suspect due to his conflicting statements.

Bagcal gave a new version of the August 18 robbery incident before the investigators after he surrendered to the National Bureau of Investigation last week.

In his previous affidavit, Bagcal said he was robbed by a lone gunman.

But at the NBI, he said De Guzman boarded his taxi with Arnaiz.

He also retracted his earlier statement that Arnaiz pointed his gun to him and said he used a knife instead.

Arnaiz, 19, was last seen with De Guzman, 14, in Cainta, Rizal before they went missing on August 17.

Arnaiz' body was seen along C3 road in Caloocan while the body believed to be that of De Guzman's was seen floating in a creek in Gapan, Nueva Ecija last September 5.

The police recently said the body does not belong to De Guzman, as the DNA did not match that of his supposed parents, but this was disputed by the parents and said it was really their son.

Arnaiz sustained five gunshot wounds while de Guzman sustained 26 stabbed wound, said PAO forensic expert Dr. Erwin Erfe. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments