PHILIPPINE National Police (PNP) chief Ronald dela Rosa urged on Monday, March 12, the Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA) Batch 2018 to join the elite Special Action Forces (SAF) amid the government’s intensified anti-terrorism campaign.
"Masyadong maaga kung i-involve sila sa anti-drugs agad, baka matuto sila ng hindi maganda doon sa mga maro-maro na pulis," he said during the presentation of the top 10 graduates of the PNP Class Maragtas (Magiting At Responsableng Alagad ng Batas na Gagabay sa Transpormasyong Alay sa Bayang Sinilangan) 2018.
"Isabak natin ito sa Special Action Force lahat. Giyera muna kayo, giyera. 'Wag muna kayo pahayahay, baka mamaya mag-volunteer kayo kaagad sa CIDG (Criminal Investigation and Detection Group) or Region 4A o NCRPO (National Capital Region Police Office), no, SAF kayong lahat," he added.
Dela Rosa said those police personnel who started with SAF have become good officers.
A total of 106 cadets, composed of 97 males and 27 females, are set to graduate on March 21 at the PNPA in Silang Cavite.
The top 10 cadets are led by Police Cadet Fritz John Napalinga Vallador, 24, from Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental, as valedictorian; and Police Cadet Francis Pang-ay Fagkang, 24, from Sacasacan, Sadanga, Mountain Province, as salutatorian.
Others in the top 10 are:
- Police Cadet Jess Torres Agustin, from Anchokey, Kabayan, Benguet (3rd)
- Police Cadet Jesstony Fabro Asanion from Brgy Bulawon, Sta Cruz, Zambales (4th)
- Fire Cadet Myrick Aquino Paldingan from Mankayan, Benguet (5th)
- Police Cadet Christian Villacarlos Juego from Brgy Salawag, Dasmariñas, Cavite (6th)
- Police Cadet Cherry Mae Lumogda Montaño from Brgy Fatima, General Santos City (7th)
- Police Cadet Stephen Torrevillas Abrica from Basak, San Nicolas, Cebu City (8th)
- Jail Cadet Arjay Marcaida Cuasay from Brgy Marcelo, Parañaque City (9th); and
- Police Cadet Maricar Sison Ansus from Brgy Salvacion, Bacon, Sorsogon City (10th).
Of the 106 cadets, 76 will be joining the PNP, 13 will be assigned to the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) and 17 to the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP).
Earlier, the PNP said it is prioritizing the creation of another SAF battalion in accordance to the order of President Rodrigo Duterte to augment the SAF amid the government's all-out war against the New People's Army. (SunStar Philippines)