Food poisoning downs 6 people in Cagayan-A A +A
Saturday, December 25, 2010
TUGUEGARAO CITY -- Six members of a family were hospitalized after falling ill due to food poisoning in Iguig town in Cagayan Valley province Friday night.
Police said Soledad Ramos, 54; and her visitors, Jerry Regino, 33; his children Sandra Ramos, 14; Kyle, 9; Jasmin, 8; and Jimmy, 3; all of Salamagi village in Iguig town, spent Christmas Day at a hospital here after suffering stomach pains.
Jenalyn Ramos, mother of Jimmy and Jasmin, said her children suffered abdominal pains, severe diarrhea, headache, weakness, and nausea, an hour after eating pork adobo, boiled egg and sweetened langka in an early holiday treat of their aunt who came from Bulacan.
She said that her aunt went home to celebrate Christmas with them but it did not materialize as they spent the holidays instead in the hospital.
In Capissayan village in Gattaran town, Genesis Alcayde was also rushed to a hospital on Friday due to a mild stroke and food poisoning.
Honorio Alcayde, 58, was reported having abdominal pains, severe diarrhea and headache, weakness and nausea after eating pork. (PNA/Sunnex)