Palace halfway in filling government posts-A A +A
Sunday, November 21, 2010
MALACAÑANG is racing against time to fill in hundreds of key government posts before the year ends.
In an interview, Deputy Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Palace is more than halfway in completing the 1,300 vacancies in the Aquino administration.
"Every weekend we have been announcing new appointments. It is a matter of time before they are filled up," she noted.
Valte added that they have announced the appointments of more than 300 officials in the last two weekends as part of their commitment to keep the bureaucracy working.
Meantime, President Benigno Aquino III named the following officials Sunday:
* Lawyer Mohammad Aquil Tamano, member of the Games and Amusements Board (GAB). He is the brother of losing senatorial bet and former Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) president Adel Tamano.
* Corazon Jimenez, Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) general manager.
* Alicia Dela Rosa Bala, Philippine Representative for Women to the ASEAN Commission for the Promotion and Protection of Women and Children.
* Philamer Torio, executive director with the rank of assistant secretary, under co-terminus status, Public-Private Partnership Center.
* Camilo Gudmalin, assistant social welfare secretary.
* Leonor Quintayo, regional director of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
* Promotion for Police Director Benjamin Belarmino and 57 other Philippine National Police uniformed personnel. (Virgil Lopez/Sunnex)