Angeles City’s first food park officially launched | SunStar

Angeles City’s first food park officially launched

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Angeles City’s first food park officially launched

Saturday, October 21, 2017

ANGELES CITY -- Six months after its opening, Yard Food Park—the first in Angeles City—was officially launched with a grand celebration here last Friday, October 20 along Pandan Road.

In the event were entertainers Matt Evans, Bugoy Drilon, Zara Lopez, Jaycee Parker, Maui Taylor and Katya Santos.

City Councilor Jericho Aguas, the business owner, said that he wanted Yard Food Park to operate smoothly before launching it. According to Aguas, the first six months had faced some setbacks due to the rainy season but business was still flourishing.

He also said that the land was supposed to be for a dormitory or a motel but, after seeing the concept in Manila, he shifted to the food park.

Inspired by Manila’s The Yard, he designed the place with shipyard containers and an open-air ambiance. “Gusto ko talaga panatilihin ang ganitong klaseng ambiance dahil ibang klase siya. Especially kapag maganda at malamig ang panahon kasi, kapag cinover mo, para siyang food court.”

The business is currently operating with 29 stalls that are mostly Kapampangan-owned, Aguas shares.

Yard Food Park opened last April 29 and was open to the public two days after. (Patrick Dimarucut/AUF intern)

Published in the SunStar Pampanga newspaper on October 22, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Pampanga also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments