Halili: Enough of finger pointing-A A +A
Sunday, September 16, 2012
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO - First District Board Member Tarcicio Halili called on officials seeking solutions to the ballyhooed San Fernando-Sto. Tomas-Minalin Tail Dike breach to stop blaming and pointing fingers.
Halili’s appeal came in the midst of exchanges of brickbats between colleagues in the Provincial Board and Minalin Mayor Arturo Naguit recently.
The last termer lawmaker, who was in attendance in last week’s hearing of the joint committee on environment and natural resources chaired by Board Member Nestor Tolentino, and the public works committee headed by Board Member Ricardo Yabut.
“I call on our fellow officials to stop blaming each other and pointing fingers as to who caused the breach and the flooding. Nature could have been the cause and we cannot fight nature. Simply, what happened was an eye opener for all of us that challenge us to be more innovative with interventions. Let us all work for solutions and stop this non-productive action of finger pointing and blaming,” Halili said.
An alternative, he added, would be for parties to draw an agreement for the unified direction of rehabilitating the tail dike and implementing immediate palliative measures.
Halili also called on all stakeholders to “stop politicizing the issue”.
“Kasalanan ito ng Comelec,” he said in jest, and opined: “Masyadong napaaga ang filing that is why politicking came early too, that it has not spared the tail dike and the welfare of constituents in areas there.”
Published in the Sun.Star Pampanga newspaper on September 16, 2012.