AFP: Controversial cadet won’t graduate from PMA-A A +A
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
PHILIPPINE Military Academy (PMA) Cadet Aldrin Jeff Cudia who hails from Gatiawin, Arayat, Pampanga will not join the graduation ceremony on March 16, a military official said Tuesday.
In an interview, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) spokesperson Brigadier General Domingo Tutaan Jr. said it was final that Cudia, who was earlier dismissed for violating the Honor Code, was recommended for dismissal from the cadet corps of the AFP.
"The cadet review and appeals board has looked into all the things as far as the case is concerned and has found regularity in the procedures that was followed from the time cadet Cudia was reported for violation of the honor code 'til the time recommendation for dismissal was made," he said.
Tutaan said they have already informed President Benigno Aquino III about the board's decision and it is on his discretion whether or not to overturn the recommendation on Cudia's case.
According to presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda, Malacañang is still waiting for the appeal of Cudia before President Aquino decides on his case.
Lacierda said the appeal has not reached the Office of the President after the PMA upheld the decision of the Honor Committee.
Captain Allan Cusi, PMA chief of Academy Staff, said that President Aquino was the one who appointed Cudia to become part of the PMA Corps of Cadets, so he will be the one to order his separation. President Aquino is expected to attend the rites on March 16, Sunday.
"The President has the final decision and whatever decision he makes, we will abide," said Cusi.
In February, Cudia was delisted from the graduates list after arriving in class late and for allegedly violating Honor Code.
Cudia had been given opportunity to explain his side but was not able to provide his explanation on the given date.
Published in the Sun.Star Pampanga newspaper on March 13, 2014.