Pangasinan Provincial Board seeks info on 'real' peace and order situation

Board seeks info on 'real' peace and order situation

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Board seeks info on 'real' peace and order situation

Monday, August 07, 2017

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan -- Worried about possible incursion of rebels in eastern Pangasinan, the Provincial Board is set to invite police and military officials in their next regular session on August 14 to shed light on the extent of insurgency in the province.

Sixth district Board Member Noel Bince sought this meeting following a clash between the police and New People's Army (NPA) rebels in the outskirts of San Nicolas town where one member of the Regional Public Safety Battalion 1 (RPSB1) was killed and another was wounded.

Bince said the San Nicolas incident worried many residents of eastern Pangasinan, with fake reports that the town mayor of San Quintin was abducted and pupils of one elementary school in Natividad town were held hostage also spreading on social media.

Invited by the board are Senior Superintendent Ronald Oliver Lee, the commanding officer of RPSB1, the chief of police of San Nicolas town, and the commanding officer of the Philippine Army stationed near San Nicolas.

Bince said the Provincial Board is still in the dark as to what happened when members of RPSB1 on patrol clashed with NPA rebels whose reports of earlier sightings in San Nicolas were belied by the police.

He said they want to find out the real score about the insurgency problem in Pangasinan. (PNA)


View Comments