Abducted Chinese nationals taken to Basilan-A A +A
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
THE two Chinese iron ore traders, who were abducted earlier this month in Zamboanga Sibugay, were already taken to the province of Basilan.
Senior Superintendent Ruben Cariaga, Zamboanga Sibugay police director, said the abductors slipped the two Chinese out of the province and took them to Basilan.
The victims identified as Yuankai Lin, 38, and Jian Luo, 43, were seized by six gunmen around 10 p.m. last June 4 from their rented home in the village of F.L. Peña, Kabasalan town, Zamboanga Sibugay province.
Cariaga said it was learned that two Chinese nationals are already in Basilan province through intelligence operations but they have yet to ascertain their exact location.
However, Cariaga did not say as to who are holding captives of the two Chinese traders.
The case involving the abduction of the two Chinese nationals are now being handled by the government’s Anti-Kidnapping Task Group, he said. (Bong Garcia)