SPES gains more support

-A A +A

Thursday, January 2, 2014


THE Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) of the Department of Labor and Employment is gaining support from the different Local Government Units (LGUs) and the business community in the province of Zamboanga del Sur.

DOLE Zamboanga del Sur head Lourdes Amores said they have already received pledge of support from the LGUs and business community amounting to P7.8 million as of December 2013 for the implementation of SPES this year.

Amores said the amount is higher by P.7 million compared to the financial support of P7.1 they received for the implementation of SPES last year.

She said there are still 11 businessmen who are set to submit their pledges this month for the implementation of the program.

The employer pays 60 percent of the salary for the SPES beneficiary while the remaining 40 percent by DOLE, Amores added.

She said the increase in support from the business community is an indication of trust and confidence of the private sector to the program of the government.

The province of Zamboanga del Sur, which comprises of one component city and 26 municipalities with a population of 959,658 as of 2010, has 2,298 beneficiaries of SPES last year and the number is expected to increase this year.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
2013 Bar results out

FOREX: US$ 1.00 = PhP 44.420

Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas

Philippine Lotto Results

Gamesort iconCombinations
6Digit7-2-0-8-1-6
Swertres Lotto 11AM8-9-8
Swertres Lotto 4PM4-5-2
Swertres Lotto 9PM6-0-7
EZ2 Lotto 9PM04-02

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Sinulog
  • ePaper
  • goodearth
  • Philippine Polls
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Habemus Papam
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Technology
  • Pnoy
  • Obituary
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Calamity Report
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pacman blog
  • Filipino Abroad