Baby killed in fire

-A A +A

Wednesday, March 12, 2014


A THREE-MONTH-OLD baby girl was charred to death in a fire that razed a semi-concrete house in an east coast village in Zamboanga City Tuesday evening.

The fire gutted down the house of Shiela Kasim, 32, at Sampaguita Road in the village of Guiwan around 7:30 p.m.

Superintendent Dominador Zabala Jr., fire marshal of the Zamboanga City Fire District, said investigation showed that the fire started at the bedroom in Kasim’s house, where her baby girl was trapped.

Advertisement

There was a power outage when Kasim went out to check her store, leaving the baby and a lighted candle inside the bedroom, Zabala said.

The damage to property was estimated at P120,000.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Sun.Star Jobs
  • Calamity Report
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • ePaper
  • Technology
  • Habemus Papam
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Pnoy
  • Festivals
  • Obituary
  • Philippine Polls
  • tell it to sunstar
  • goodearth
  • Pacman blog
  • Sinulog
  • Sun.Star Zup!