Abu Sayyaf bomber dies in Tawi-Tawi shootout | SunStar

Abu Sayyaf bomber dies in Tawi-Tawi shootout

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Abu Sayyaf bomber dies in Tawi-Tawi shootout

Saturday, July 15, 2017

TROOPS have killed in a law enforcement operation a suspected Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) bomber in the province of Tawi-Tawi, the military said Saturday, July 15.

The Western Mindanao Command (Wesmincom) said Abu Sayyaf bomber Ibno Moro, ranked as the number eight most wanted person in Tawi-Tawi, was killed in a shootout around 10:30 a.m. Saturday in the village of Kamagong, Bongao, Tawi-Tawi.

The shootout ensued when Moro resisted the government forces while serving warrant of arrest for murder against him.

Moro previously belongs to the group of the late Abu Sayyaf sub-leader Jul Asman Sawadjaan, who operates in Tawi-Tawi and Sulu provinces.

The Wesmincom said Moro was involved in the 1989 massacre in Barangay Lapid-Lapid, Bongao; 2004 kidnapping of Mayor Kuyoh Pajiji of Sibutu, Tawi-Tawi; 2002 kidnapping of Alvin Chua at the Chinese Pier in Bongao; and, 2004 murder of Rodrigo Alejandro, Sr. and his son, Rodrigo, Jr., in Barangay Buan, Panglima Sugala, Tawi-Tawi.

“This (neutralization of Moro) is another operational feat attributable to the efforts of our troops on the ground and the police,” Lt. Gen. Carlito Galvez, Jr., Westmincom chief, said.

“I commend and congratulate Brig. Gen. Custodio Parcon, Jr., Commander of the Joint Task Force Tawi-tawi and his troops, as well as Police Senior Superintendent Jerich Tan Royales, the Police Director of Tawi-tawi PPO (Police Provincial Office), and all policemen of Tawi-tawi for a job well done,” he added. (Bong Garcia/SunStar Philippines)


View Comments