7 dead in Sulu clash | SunStar

7 dead in Sulu clash

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

7 dead in Sulu clash

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

SEVEN people, including four suspected Abu Sayyaf bandits, were killed while two others were wounded in a clash in the province of Sulu, a top military official said on Tuesday, August 29.

Brigadier Generl Cirilito Sobejana, Joint Task Force Sulu commander, said clash occurred around 12:45 p.m., Tuesday, at Sitio Kan Hassan in the village of Bud Bunga, Talipao, Sulu.

Sobejana identified the protagonists as that of Jul Hamidi of the village of Upper Kamuntayan, Talipao and a group of suspected Abu Sayyaf bandits led by Al Arod.

He said that Arod is the son of Abu Sayyaf sub-leader Arod Wahing.

He said the firefight resulted to the death of Jul Hamidi and two of his followers namely Kaidal Sayyari, and a certain Juddama.

Two of Hamidi’s followers were wounded. One of them was identified as Hatib Jamih.

Four were killed including (Al) Arod on the side of the Abu Sayyaf bandits. Two of the other three fatalities were only identified as a certain Kiram and a certain Awa.

Sobejana said the Abu Sayyaf bandits withdrew towards the forested area leaving behind their slain companions and dragged along the wounded members.

Troops from the Army’s 21st Infantry Battalion are tracking down the fleeing Abu Sayyaf bandits, according to Sobejana. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments