Charges filed vs kidnappers of mayor’s son | SunStar

Charges filed vs kidnappers of mayor’s son

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Charges filed vs kidnappers of mayor’s son

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

THE police have filed criminal charges against two people tagged as among the six gunmen involved in the kidnapping the son of a town mayor in Zamboanga del Norte, an official announced on Tuesday, September 12.

Chief Superintendent Billy Beltran, Police Regional Office (PRO)-Zamboanga Peninsula (Western Mindanao) director, identified the respondents as Soudi Banguih, 36, and Edilberto Albino, 61.

Beltran said the charges for kidnapping and serious illegal detention were filed against them on Monday, September 11, before the prosecutor’s office of Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte.

Banguih and Albino were arrested on September 7 in the municipality of Sirawai, Zamboanga del Norte.

Beltran said the suspects were allegedly involved in the kidnapping of Jelster Ed Quimbo, son of Mayor Eddie Quimbo of Labason, Zamboanga del Norte.

He said the suspects were identified through a video captured by closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera as among the six gunmen that kidnapped the younger Quimbo.

He said the suspects were also positively identified by a witness, Jolito Timanono Rodillos, who was with the victim at the time of the incident.

The younger Quimbo was seized by six gunmen on September 6 in the downtown of Labason, Zamboanga del Norte.

The victim owns a store and manages the family-owned construction business. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments