8 Abu Sayyaf bandits surrender in Sulu | SunStar

8 Abu Sayyaf bandits surrender in Sulu

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

8 Abu Sayyaf bandits surrender in Sulu

Monday, November 13, 2017

EIGHT members of the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) have surrendered to military authorities in the island province of Sulu, the military reported on Monday, November 13.

The surrender of the group has brought to 135 the total number of ASG members who surrendered since the military have launched an intensified campaign against the ASG in January 1, this year.

Brigadier General Cirilito Sobejana, Joint Task Force Sulu commander, said the group surrendered around 7:35 a.m., Saturday, November 11, to the Army’s Second Special Forces Battalion headed by Lieutenant Colonel Jessie Montoya.

They were identified as follows: Rakib Usman Mujakkir, 35; Sadhikal Sabi Asnon, 38; Jarrain Elil, 52; Wahab Buklaw, 47; Anggan Ali Sahaw, 43; Bandi Ahadjula, 56; Adih Manis Juhaini, 25; and, Alden Banon, 30.

Sobejana said they turned over one M-16 Armalite rifle, one M-14 rifle, and five Garand rifles.

Sobejana said they were followers of the late ASG sub-leader Alhabsi Misaya, who was killed in a firefight with government troops on April 28, this year, in Silangkan, Parang, Sulu.

He said the surrenderees operated mostly in the municipalities of Omar, Panamao, Tongkil, and Parang.

He said they were placed under the custody of the 2nd Special Forces Battalion in the village of Samak, Talipao for documentation and custodial debriefing after they undergone medical examination.

Of the total 135 ASG-surrenderees, 71 surrendered in Basilan, 41 in Sulu, 21 in Tawi-Tawi, and two in Zamboanga City. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments