Firecracker ban in Zamboanga City stays | SunStar

Firecracker ban in Zamboanga City stays

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Firecracker ban in Zamboanga City stays

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

THE local government has reminded the residents that the prohibition on the use of pyrotechnic and firecrackers this yuletide season stays.

Assistant City Administrator Cesar Raz said the city will remain fireworks-free pursuant to Ordinance 431, otherwise known as the Firecracker Ban Ordinance of 2014.

The Ordinance 431, enacted September 2014, bans the use, sale, possession, distribution, manufacture, and storage of firecrackers and pyrotechnic devices within the territorial jurisdiction of Zamboanga City to eliminate unnecessary injuries, loss of lives, and damage to properties.

Raz said the ban will be enforced at all times, regardless of the occasion.

He said that transshipment of firecrackers and pyrotechnic devices destined to other nearby areas are allowed with conditions and criteria. (SunStar Philippines)


View Comments