THE Davao City Prosecution Office (CPO) received on Friday, October 7, another 12 complaint affidavits in addition to the seven complaint affidavits filed last September 16 against nine suspects in the Roxas night market bombing.
Aside from complaint affidavits, Criminal Detection and Investigation Group (CIDG) also filed other supporting affidavits of witnesses.
City Prosecutor Nestor Ledesma earlier promised a fast resolution of the case as he tasked four prosecutors to handle this.
CPO spokesperson Prosecutor Jay Karel Sanchez, in an interview last week, said the resolution of the case is set to be released within the week.
The Roxas night market bombing has killed a total of 15 people and wounded 69 others.
The Department of National Defense presented Friday, October 7, three suspects of the bombing who were arrested in Cotabato City.
TJ Tagadaya Makabalang, Wendel Apostol Facturan, and Musalli Mustapha were arrested by forces from the Army's Intelligence Security Group, backed by policemen, as they tried to evade a mobile checkpoint while aboard two motorcycles without plate numbers.
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said the suspects were members of the notorious Maute group, which is related to the Abu Sayyaf.
Lorenzana said the three suspects are part of a newly-established cell of the Maute Group in Cotabato City and that they were trained by Jemaah Islamiyah operative Indonesian Zulkifli bin Hir, alias "Marwan", who was killed in a police operation in Mamasapano, Maguindanao, in January 2015.
Lorenzana said the suspects are Marwan's former students and that after Marwan's death, these students took over propagation of the technique in the manufacture of improvised explosive device.
Reports from Cotabato, however, said the three were rounded up in their homes, Macabalang even reported to have been kidnapped, and not arrested in a checkpoint last October 5.