MANILA - No Filipino was reported dead or injured due to the powerful quake that struck northwestern Japan on Tuesday morning, November 22.
“So far, there are no reports of any Filipino affected by the earthquake in Japan,” Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) spokesman and incoming Ambassador to Malaysia, Charles Jose, said.
Read: Magnitude 6.9 quake hits Japan
The information was relayed to Jose by Philippine Ambassador to Japan Manuel Lopez, who immediately checked on the Filipino community there.
Jose said the Philippine Ambassador to Japan said the Filipino who was earlier reported to be trapped under an automobile is now safe and not injured.