FIVE persons, including a dismissed police officer and a former member of Bacolod City Police Office, were charged before the City Prosecutor’s Office Tuesday for the robbery-killing of a Chinese businessman and a security guard, and the shooting of three Chinese nationals on December 25.

Complaints for robbery with homicide, murder, and frustrated murder were filed against Police Officer 1 Jason Sumalangcay, of Barangay Granada, and Police Officer 2 Marlon Famucol, of Barangay Alijis, and three other unidentified men.

Sumalangcay was previously assigned at the Regional Mobile Group while Famucol’s last known assignment was at the Philippine National Police headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City.

Senior Inspector Eugene Tolentino, head of Police Station 1, said Wednesday that at least six witnesses identified the two policemen as among the five suspects involved in the Christmas night robbery.

Changle Wu, 26, son of the owner of JDS Mindoro Enterprises Corp., and security guard Jilbert Mayang, 40, of Barangay Talagacay, Hinoba-an town, were shot to death while Huang Yuanlong, 31; Huang Weiqiang, 23; and Zhang Xiaodong, 24, were injured. The robbers carted away the establishment’s cash sales amounting to P1 million.

Citing the testimony of one of the witnesses, Tolentino said Sumalangcay was identified as the gunman while Famucol was the lookout.

Tolentino said Sumalangcay is currently out on bail for his case on possession of illegal firearms for which he was arrested last July after operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation-Negros Island Region recovered two unlicensed firearms and ammunition from his vehicle.

Sumalangcay said over Bombo Radyo Bacolod Wednesday that he is innocent and he does not know where the information came linking him to the incident.

Still, Sumalangcay added that he will face the accusation.