SENIOR Superintendent Jack Wanky, newly-installed officer-in-charge of Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO), has warned police scalawags to quit engaging in illegal activities especially involving drugs.

Wanky succeeded Superintendent Flynn Dongbo during the turn-over rites witnessed by Senior Superintendent Leonardo Cesneros, deputy regional director for administration of Police Regional Office (PRO)-18, held at BCPO headquarters Friday afternoon.

In his speech, Wanky said he will “continue to enforce disciplinary measures to transform or eradicate a few but sinful scalawags at BCPO that continue to destroy the image of the organization in general.”

So far, more than 10 BCPO personnel were already transferred to different police offices in Mindanao after being linked to the illegal drug trade.

“Accepting this position comes with a very great responsibility because Bacolod is not an exception when it comes to the problem of illegal drugs,” Wanky said.

“We will really go hard on the problem of illegal drugs especially if it involves uniformed personnel," he added.

Wanky said that any BCPO personnel tagged in the illegal drug trade will undergo investigation to disprove the accusations against them, but they will be removed from the police office if proven guilty.

He added that he will “supervise keenly everything to promote a vibrant, transparent, and trustworthy police office.”

Meanwhile, Dongbo, during the turn-over rites cited his accomplishments under his one-year stint.

He mentioned the 13 percent decrease in crime rate in the city last year, ongoing installation of closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras in police stations this month, massive campaign against illegal drugs through Oplan Tokhang and Oplan Double Barrel, and drug rehabilitation program such acupuncture among the identified drug personalities in the city.

More than 100 persons, including drug suspects underwent the process of detoxification through acupuncture.

It costs P50 per session held at the Interfaith Agency Office at BCPO headquarters.

Dongbo said it started last October and he is looking forward that it will be continued by the next city police chief.