THE Lapu-Lapu City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (LDRRM) Office may recommend the suspension of operation of the watersport shop that allowed THE parasailing of the two Koreans that resulted in an accident.

The Lapu-Lapu City Police Office Homicide Section will file charges against the management of NTJ Watersports Cebu in Barangay Punta Engaño for reckless imprudence resulting to homicide and serious physical injuries.

As of press time, LDRRM Officer Andy Berame said NTJ continued not to cooperate with them after Seong Soo Kim, 64, died while his wife, 60-year-old Jam Sik Lim, was injured when the said shop allowed them to go parasailing despite the gale warning.

The rope of the parasail wing that was tied to the speedboat snapped and the parasail was blown away by the strong winds last Tuesday morning.

Lim was sent to the Mactan Doctor’s Hospital. She was later transferred to UCMed in Mandaue City.

Kim’s body was placed at the Cebu Rolling Hills in Barangay Banilad, Mandaue.

His body will be brought back to Korea, according to Berame.

Berame had been calling the owner of NTJ, but he never received a feedback from the latter as of 2 p.m. yesterday.

Kung mo-communiate sila mas makatabang sila (If they will communicate with us, they can really help us),” Berame said.

If not, Berame said he will recommend to the city administrator for the cease and desist of NTJ.

Berame said they will also check the agreement of NTJ and Super Fish Dive Center, who referred the two Koreans to NTJ.

The said dive center referred the foreigners to the neighboring shop because they did not offer a parasailing activity.

The LDRRM Office will invite the two shops to establish who was responsible for the accident.

Acting Mayor Marcial Ycong said they will check the existing ordinance on what sanctions they can apply against the parasailing operator.

PO3 Joseph Rouel Cutanda, investigator of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office Homicide Section, said the staff of NTJ denied that they know the names of the speedboat operator and the crew that operate the parasailing activity of the two Koreans.

According to Cutanda, the South Korean assistant consulate was waiting for the decision of the wife if she will file a case against NTJ.

Initially, police established drowning as the cause of death of Kim.