THE Chinese Lunar New Year starts this Saturday, January 28. With just a few more hours before it begins, here are some preparations we've picked up over time to ensure the Rooster Year starts right.
1. Clean, clean, clean! Free up stuck energy by getting rid of clutter. Dust your furniture, remove cobwebs.
2. Do your grocery shopping. Have the essentials in stock. Dispose of expired items from your pantry. Throw away appliances and items that are broken and no longer working.
3. Make sure you have enough gas jn your cars. It isn't lucky to run out of fuel on the first day of the lunar year.
4. Neither lend nor borrow money on the new year.
5. If you had a lucky year, change your bedsheets into newly washed ones. If you did not like the past year, use brand new bedsheets. This would signify a new start.
6. Make noise to scare the negative energy away. Ring your bells, your singing bowls. Bang your pots and pans together. Open your windows to let the old year out, and the new year in.
7. Give 'ampao' (lucky money in the red envelope) to the younger members of your family. This is usually in variables of 12 - php 120, 240, 360, etc. Aa jokes that he'll give each one 12 pesos. We tell him he'll be receiving coins from the universe too.
8. When you sleep on the 27th, make sure your pajamas have no holes. Better yet, wear brand new ones. For your attire on the 28th, the color red is favored. Shades of red are okay too.
9. Have oranges on your dining table. The variety does not matter. (Sagada, kiat-kiat, mandarin). Make sure they are an even number.
10. Gold coins are also good to display on your dining table.
11. Eat dumplings. Dumplings symbolize wealth and long life. They say whoever eats the most, gets the most money. You must eat the dumplings whole. Taking small bites would signify bite-size blessings too.
12. Before the family meal on the 27th, say a prayer of gratitude for all the blessings you have received. At home, we each enumerate what we are thankful for.
Like we teach in our Law of Attraction workshops, focus on the positive. Remember, whatever you give your energy, attention and focus to, you get more of.
For our LOA and Allowing Graduates, time to practice what you've learnt to multiply blessings with your Spirit Quartz. Set aside at least an hour around the start of the New Year to generate the energy to manifest your heart's desire.
Join our next Law of Attraction and Art of Allowing Workshops this March 2017.
Have a happy, blessed new year. Kung hei fat choi!!:)
See us at #29 Sari-sari Section, Baguio City Market. Check out our website at www.lightcatcherscrystals.com