FORMER police officer Cezar Mancao II has turned himself in to face charges related to the murders of publicist Salvador "Bubby" Dacer and his driver, Emmanuel Corbito, in 2000.
Mancao, a former official of the now defunct Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Task Force (PAOCTF), was wanted on an arrest warrant issued by a Manila Regional Trial Court. He was accused of masterminding the murders of Dacer and Corbito.
Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-National Capital Region chief Belli Tamayo said Mancao surrendered to his office in Camp Crame on Monday January 30.
On Tuesday, Mancao was escorted to the court for the return of his arrest warrant.
Tamayo said Mancao will remain under the custody of the CIDG-NCR as they wait for his commitment order to be issued by the court.
In 2013, Mancao escaped from the custody of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), as he complained that all others implicated in the case, including Senator Panfilo Lacson, had already been cleared.
Lacson is the former head of PAOCTF.
Aside from Lacson, other personalities charged over the double murder case but are now freed include incumbent Anti-Kidnapping Group (AIDG) Senior Superintendent Glenn Dumlao, who was reinstated in the police service after being cleared by the court, Senior Superintendent Michael Ray Aquino. (SunStar Philippines)