THE Department of Labor and Employment (Dole) in Negros Occidental is still accepting applications for assistance from workers in the province affected by the implementation of the K to 12 program.

Cyril Ticao, provincial director of Dole-Negros Occidental, said the Adjustments Measures Program (AMP) is part of the government’s inter-agency mitigation measures aimed at assisting higher education institution (HEI) personnel displaced from their work due to the government's new basic education program.

Ticao, who is also the officer-in-charge regional director of Dole-Negros Island Region, said that since the start of its implementation in September last year, 10 workers in the province have availed of the program.

They are both teaching and non-teaching personnel who were given interventions by agency through financial support, employment facilitation, trainings and livelihood, he added.

“Now that the rules on availing the assistance have been streamlined, we are expecting more applicants in the province,” Ticao said.

Labor and Employment Secretary Silvestre Bello III recently issued a memorandum circular simplifying the documentary requirements for applicants.

The Dole, in its website, said displaced permanent personnel must submit filled out application form, notice of termination, and photocopy of any government issued identification card (ID).

Application forms can be obtained from the Dole Provincial Field Offices and can also be downloaded online.

“If the displaced personnel did not receive a notice of termination from the HEI, they can submit otherwise the photocopy of their latest pay slip and application letter addressed to the Dole Regional Director indicating the name and address of employer as well as the status and type of previous employment," Belo said.

The memorandum states that non-permanent and contractual personnel must also submit photocopy of previous employment contract and latest pay slip and income tax return if they want to avail of the financial support for six months.

Provided they have no other source of wage, the order further stated.

Applications can be submitted to the Dole Regional and Field Offices and Public Employment Service Offices (Peso).

Both will screen and evaluate applications that have complete documentary requirements, it added.