THE Cebu City Local Housing Board will propose to Mayor Tomas Osmeña to purchase 100 tents that will be used as temporary shelter for some 80 families in the mountain barangay of Sirao who were affected by the landslide last month.
Division for the Welfare of the Urban Poor (DWUP) Chief Genevieve Alcoseba that her office had relocated a total of 84 families to safer grounds since their houses were located in the barangay’s landslide-prone site.
When the landslide hit the village last Jan. 16, these families were asked to temporarily stay at the evacuation center.
After almost a month, Alcoseba said the affected families already returned to their houses.
The tents, which is expected to cost about P30,000 each, will be used as the families’ temporary shelter.
These will be set up in a safer area of the barangay.
Alcoseba said that the DWUP will be doing inspections of City-owned lots in nearby barangays, as the City plans to convert these lots into relocation sites.