A FIRE hit the second floor of a two-story apartment in J. Alcantara St., Barangay Sambag 1, Cebu City, on Thursday afternoon, February 23.

Senior Fire Officer 3 Pier Angelo Abellana of Cebu City Fire Department said they received the alarm at 2:25 p.m.

Abellana said the fire broke out due to an overheated electric fan.

He said Gina Artezuela, the apartment caretaker, heard a loud explosion from the second floor of the apartment occupied by students.

Abellana said the fire was declared out at 3:08 p.m. (SunStar Philippines)

***

Like and follow SunStar Philippines on Facebook.