AFTER a huge fire that hit Barangay Labangon last Monday dawn, a Grade 11 student was found out to have dengue.

Danie Ann Castro, 17, suffered chills and fever before the fire struck but her mother did not expect that it was dengue.

“Her nose was bleeding but we were busy with temporarily settling here after the fire and we didn’t expect that it was already dengue,” Annalee, the girl’s mother, told SunStar Cebu.

Castro was transferred from the Cebu City Medical Center to a private hospital in the city after her platelet count dropped alarmingly low.

The family is seeking shelter in the Labangon gym after a two-hour fire left them homeless.