GRADE 10 completers from both public and private Junior High Schools (JHS) who want to enroll in a (1) private high school, (2) private university or college, (3) state or local university or college, or (4) technical-vocational school can file an application for the senior high school voucher program.
The Grade 10 completers from public junior high schools are all qualified recipients of the vouchers and they are entitled to enjoy the full value of the vouchers. While for Grade 10 completers from private high schools, their socioeconomic status shall be assessed first. If they qualify, they are entitled to receive 80 percent of the voucher value.
For Cebu City, the voucher amount is around P20,000 per year for the voucher recipients from public schools while those from private schools are entitled to P16,000 per year. The subsidy is not given to the student, but it will be remitted directly to the school where the student will enroll.
The application procedure is as follows:
1. Fill out and download the forms and confirmation slip from Online Voucher Application Portal (Ovap): http://ovap.deped.gov.ph.
2. Submit the filled out form, confirmation slip, and supporting documents to the Private Education Assistance Committee (Peac) National Secretariat.
3. Applicants will be notified of the results. The list of Qualified Voucher Recipients (QVR) will be posted on Ovap.
4. For eligible students, download and print your QVR certificates from the Ovap to be presented upon your enrollment.
The requirements to be submitted are:
1. 2 copies 2x2 ID photo
2. Certification of Financial Assistance from the JHS (if applicable, meaning if the student already receives financial support for his schooling under a scholarship program)
3. PSA Certified Birth Certificate
4. Photocopy of latest Grade 10 report card
5. Certificate of Employment (if parent/guardian is employed)
6. Latest Income Tax Return of parents/legal guardian or Certificate of Tax Exemption or Municipal Certification of Unemployment. (http://www.deped.gov.ph/k-to-12/faq/voucher-program)