Land Bank eyes add'l lending centers in Davao Region


THE Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) is eyeing to put up lending centers in each province in Davao Region in a bid to reach out to more clients in the region.

Charlotte Conde, LBP vice president and Davao Lending Center Head, said during the Wednesday's at Habi at Kape press forum at Abreeza Ayala Mall that they will soon put up a lending center in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.

"The lending center in Tagum City will cater to clients in Davao del Norte, Compostela Valley, and Davao Oriental while the Davao City Lending Center will cover Davao City, Davao del Sur, and Davao Occidental," she said.

Last year, the Davao City Lending Center was able to cater to some 780 clients from all over the region.

Conde said they are targeting a loan portfolio of P500 million for the lending center in Tagum City.

The LBP vice president said they are hoping to start the operations of the new lending center by next year.

Conde said the plan of putting up a lending center for each province in Davao Region will be a gradual process.

"If our business this year will be very bright then we are hoping for another lending center to based in Digos City, Davao del Sur," she said.

Conde also said this year they target to increase their loan portfolio in Davao Region to P14 billion, which is an increase of P2 billion from their 2016 loan portfolio of P12 billion.

She said 60 percent of the loan portfolio last year was mainly from the agriculture sector while the remaining 40 percent is from the non-agriculture sector.

style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph