THE Panabo City Regional Trial Court (RTC) issued an arrest warrant against self-proclaimed Davao Death Squad member Edgar Matobato after he was found liable for kidnapping a Turkish national in 2002.
Matobato and his alleged accomplice, Sonny Custodio, were earlier charged with kidnapping before the RTC Branch 4 in Panabo City, Davao del Norte, for kidnapping the Turkish national and suspected terrorist Sali Makdum.
In a court order issued on Monday, March 27, Judge Dorothy Montejo-Gonzaga of the RTC Branch 4 said Matobato would not be allowed to post bail.
The arrest warrant against the two accused should be executed within 10 days.
Among the witnesses cited by the court in the case were from Davao City and Island Garden City of Samal (Igacos).
When Matobato first appeared on television to testify against President Rodrigo Duterte, residents of Tagbaobo, where he and Makdum lived, said Makdum was the husband of the cousin of Matobato's former wife.
The authorities were directed to arrest Matobato and Custodio who could be found in Sasa, Davao City and Barangay Peñaplata in Igacos, respectively.
Matobato earlier admitted in the Senate hearing on the extrajudicial killings that he and Custodio abducted Makdum in Samal in 2002 on the order of the former Davao City Mayor and now President Rodrigo Duterte. Makdum was killed.
An arrest warrant from the RTC Branch 19 in Digos City was also issued for Matobato, earlier this month, for frustrated murder. This stemmed following the complaint filed by a Department of Agrarian Reform officer Abeto Salcedo Jr.