THE National Democratic Front and Communist Party of the Philippines (NDF-CPP) in Southern Mindanao indicted Saturday, April 1, former President Benigno Aquino III and more than 80 others over the Kidapawan protest massacre in 2016.
The NDF-CPP, in a statement sent to SunStar, said past and incumbent government officials were charged with war crimes, crimes against humanity, and other serious violations of the International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law following the violent dispersal of the farmers in Kidapawan City that killed two persons and hurt 33 others.
READ: 2 dead, 33 injured in Kidapawan dispersal
Among the personalities accused, aside from Aquino, are Davao City Police Office Director Alexander Tagum, North Cotabato Governor Emmylou Talino-Mendoza, North Cotabato Representative Nancy Catamco, Eastern Mindanao Command head Major General Rey Leonardo Guerrero, and Kidapawan City Mayor Joseph Evangelista.
The NDF said "the People’s Democratic Government found compelling evidence that the gross neglect and apathy and willful acts and/of omissions of the named accused violated the fundamental rights of the civilians guaranteed in international tenets, covenants and instruments."
The New People's Army (NPA) has been ordered to capture the indicted persons.
The statement also said the NDF "prescribed the arrest" of Aquino and the others, including the former Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief-of-staff Hernando Delfin Carmelo Iriberri, and Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Ricardo Marquez.
It added that "in accordance with the revolutionary legal, judicial system and processes of the People’s Democratic Government, a thorough investigation has been conducted by a special body created for this purpose."
After due trial by a people’s court, all the accused must be meted out with appropriate penalties for having committed such crime.
The NDF said its investigating body found that there was a "willful shooting that resulted in multiple violent deaths and serious injuries, the incarceration and the maltreatment of civilians were all deliberate act of aggression against defenseless civilians and vulnerable sections of the civilian population long considered under IHL as protected persons."
"Aquino, as a President, planned, authorized and implemented anti-people policies, general orders and campaigns of suppression that perpetuated not only the murderous environment of impunity and criminal negligence, but more so the corruption and rottenness of the current Philippine socio-economic system," the NDF said.
It also said that Aquino, as an AFP commander-in-chief, crafted, aided and implemented the six-year Oplan Bayanihan (2010 to 2016) that explicitly served as the sweeping counter-revolutionary marching orders of the reactionary police and AFP.
Taliño-Mendoza, Catamco and Evangelista are said to have promoted and implemented the government policies and programs that were self-serving, and that only spawned great suffering, numerous deaths, serious injuries, unlawful confinement and imprisonment of civilians and destruction of lives and property of the hungry and poor.
"Catamco and Evangelista, who are all local lackeys of Aquino, nurtured, encouraged and fomented the climate of the impunity that bred and emboldened fascist state forces and sustained the callousness and overweening arrogance of cold-hearted GPH officials," the NDF said.
Other persons in the list and their designation during the dispersal are:
* PRO-Soccsksargen Director Noel Armilla
* Superintendent Noel Kinazo
* Superintendent Franklin Anito
* Superintendent Roberto Badian, GRP/deputy director for Operations-Soccsksargen
* PNP Kidapawan City Chief Police Inspector John Miridel Calinga
* Police Inspector Armando Abasola
* PNP Strike Force ground commander Lieutenant Colonel Jerson Berrey
* Bn commander of 39th IBPA Lieutenant Colonel Arnold Argamosa
* 1002nd Brigade commander Colonel Ronald Villanueva
* Chief and members of the North Cotabato Bureau of Fire Protection
* Elements of the Swat/PNP North Cotabato
* Elements of the 39th IB-PA
* Kidapawan Doctor’s Hospital
* Vice Governor Gregorio Ipong
* DILG Provincial Director Ali Abdullah
* Members of the Provincial Peace and Order Council
* North Cotabato Provincial Crisis Management Committee
* Senior Police Officer 3 Fortunato Arce
* PO1 Anamarie Abatay
* PO2 Robert Hope Sanghan Agot
* PO1 Ray Son Alolod
* PO1 Ronald Charlie Alcala Amande
* PO1 Berlyn Alba
* PO1 Ariel Ganalonza Acosta
* PO1 Marvin Aragon
* SPO2 Glesilda Atud
* PO3 Ivy Bula
* PO1 Johnny Burgos Benitez
* PO3 Garry Doplayna Booc
* SPO2 Magin Edgardo Bueno III
* PO2 Alrec Albinadela Cruz
* PO2 Ronan Batislaong Crisper
* PO2 Norodin Cabuyao
* SPO2 Raul Literato Cantoy
* PO1 Jeriel Catipay
* PO3 Dindo Paredes Culatra
* PO1 Irvin Basilio Cambang
* PO1 Robert Ian Dignadice
* PO3 Elmer Gesulga Dasalla
* PO1 Shiela Mae Estrada
* PO2 Dyben Dominic Figueroa
* PO3 Xerxes Anthony Donasco Fiel
* PO1 Charles Suarez Fulache
* PO3 Jovette Galan
* PO1 Roxanne Jill Garde
* PO1 Amor Niegos Guillermo
* PO1 Eric Casilad Geolingo
* PO3 Romel Magdato Guhiling
* PO3 Elson Paez Gadat
* PO1 Clark Ahit Gayas
* PO1 Chrlyn Cantomayor Ines
* PO1 Jennifer Isla
* PO1 Crismal Laguerder
* SPO2 Nilo Aventura Loredo
* PO3 Richard Villegas Legating
* PO1 Richelle Joan Lam-an
* PO1 Teolit Lagliva
* PO3 Josemar Llagas
* PO2 Jhoven Francisco Landrito
* PO1 Jose Mari Corpuz Molina
* PO3 Ruel Marimon
* PO1 Anthony Jala Macailling
* PO1 Jasper Jay Belocura Moreno
* PO2 Mercil Millomeda
* PO1 Wilmae Macaya
* PO1 Liezel Joy Nicer
* PO1 Ricky Parnada Napa
* PO2 Ariel Hermado Maquiling
* PO1 Kristine Alas Ocumen
* SPO2 Cesar Ruiz Olivar
* SPO4 Joseph Dasia Ones
* PO1 Belinda Pacatang
* PO1 Joselito Sumido Palmaera
* PO1 Herwin Paller Pajo
* SPO2 Robin Bandiola Porras
* SPO2 Arnold Remotin
* SPO4 Ulysis Viloan Sagun
* PO1 Beaulahly Salazar
* PO3 Jaypee Sarabia
* SPO2 Roderick Caballero Sillote
* PO1 Ronald Bation Sillote
* PO1 Bernard Molina Sumagit
* PO3 Renato Oclarino Tesoro
* PO2 Ben Jimenez Torion
* PO3 Rodrigo Entero Tito
* PO1 Michelle Vicente