THE executive order (eo) for the Kadayawan 2017 celebration is set to be released next week.
Davao City Administrator Zuleika Lopez, in an interview Monday, April 17, said the preparations for the Kadayawan will be earlier this year.
"This early so many (private companies are asking) because they want to join either the parade or they want to be a co-sponsor, so we are finalizing the executive order for Kadayawan," she said.
Lopez said if they will start preparing for the EO within this week, there is a huge possibility that it will be released next week.
She added that many those who expressed interests have long been partners of the city.
For this year, the City Government eyes to introduce a "global" Kadayawan.
"It will be a global Kadayawan, we will up the ante for the prizes and also as much as possible the involvement of the private sector will be on a larger scale," she said.
She also said they will be partnering with Davao City Chamber of Commerce Incorporated and the private sector.