SEVERAL major roads in Manila will be closed to traffic starting at 8 a.m. Friday, June 12, for the Independence Day rites in Rizal Park.
According to the Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau, the following roads will be closed to vehicular traffic starting at 8 a.m.:
- Both lanes of Roxas Boulevard from T.M. Kalaw to Katigbak Drive
- Both lanes of Ma. Orosa Street from P. Burgos to T.M. Kalaw
The MMDA advised the motorists to take the following alternate routes:
- All vehicles going southbound of Roxas Boulevard shall turn left to P. Burgos, right to Taft Avenue, right to T.M. Kalaw, left to M.H. del Pilar or Roxas Boulevard to point of destination
- Those heading north along Roxas Boulevard shall turn right to T.M. Kalaw, left to Taft Avenue to point of destination
- Motorists going to and from Manila Ocean Park, H20 Hotel and Manila Hotel can take Katigbak Drive towards point of destination
According to MMDA, the number coding for Friday is automatically lifted since Independence Day is a regular holiday.
No consular services
On the other hand, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) advised Thursday the public that there will be no consular services on Friday.
In an advisory, the DFA said there will be no passport, authentication/"red ribbon", and consular civil registration services to be provided nationwide on June 12.
"The Office of Consular Affairs (DFA-Aseana), all DFA Satellite Offices (SOs) in Metro Manila and all Regional Consular Offices (RCOs) shall be closed on that day," said the DFA.
The DFA said regular passport and authentication services shall resume at all mall-based DFA SOs and RCOs on Saturday, June 13.
Meanwhile, the resumption of regular consular services at DFA-Aseana and non-mall-based based RCOs shall be on Monday, June 15. (with HDT/Sunnex)