Lawyer Arnel Lapore is hoping to retain the presidency of the Central Negros Electric Cooperative (Ceneco) Board of Directors.

The Ceneco board will hold its meeting and election of new set of officers on June 22.

“We will declare all positions vacant to give way for the election of the new sets of officers", he said.

As of this time, Lapore revealed that majority of the members of the board have signified their trust and confidence in his leadership.

Moreover, Lapore said the issue hurled against him by former Ceneco general manager Sulpicio Lagarde was an old one that has already been answered.

Lagarde revealed that the power supply contracts signed by Lapore with Filinvest (FDC) Utilities for 20 megawatts last year on top of the additional 24MW with Kepco Salcon Power Corp. are improper.

These contracts are in excess of the power supply the cooperative needs, he added.

Last March, Lapore was reelected director representing the District II- Bacolod South.

Lapore, garnering 2,525 votes, prevailed over opponent Eugenio Velasco Jr. who got 1,973 votes. He will sit as director for another three years.

Lapore then said that reforms have been started at Ceneco under his watch as board president.

"This is very important. There are changes in the area of discipline among the workers, our system will be further improved and we are heading towards that direction. My remaining three years at Ceneco will be dedicated to complete the new system that we have started like the information technology and computerization program,” he added.

Lapore said the Ceneco Board also wants “to ensure the maintenance of reasonable rates for the welfare of (the) consumers.”

“We are really getting the right kind of bilateral contracts that we are engaging with the different power generators, not only this year but in the coming years that we anticipate the demand within the franchise area of Ceneco," he said.