THE City Intelligence Branch (CIB) of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) will investigate the parents of the 11 minors who were rescued when they were allegedly used as drug couriers inside a hotel on Colon St. last Saturday.
Chief Insp. Cristopher Navida, CIB chief, said the minors were turned over to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) for a case study.
“The minors were turned over to their parents. Because the shabu was not really in their possession and was with the subject during the buy-bust, we released them,” Navida said.
The children were also brought back home by their parents after an interview and will be undergoing a seminar to enhance their relationships with each other.
“We will also review what appropriate charges we may file against them,” the intelligence official said.
The target, known as Mae Marice “Kalay” Jakosalem, 19, was believed to be friends with the rescued minors.
Jakosalem had been staying in the hotel for three weeks prior to her arrest.
The police will continuously monitor the minors as part of their agreement with the DSWD.
Navida said that hotels that are repeatedly involved in drug busts may also be recommended for business permit cancellation.
“So far, the management of the hotels are cooperative in our campaign against drugs, but yes, we can guarantee that,” Navida said.
Jakosalem, Wilfredo Gutas Jr., 37, Anna Abellana, 21, and Marlon Ylaya, 47 will also face charges for the violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 in the City Prosecutors Office today. JOB