THE Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) dared militant groups to press formal charges before the court if they cited irregularities and abuses of government troops, and urged them to stop spreading black propagandas which seek to discredit their effort.
Eastern Mindanao Command (EMC) Public Information Officer Major Ezra Balagtey said on Wednesday, June 27, on the sidelines of the AFP-PNP press forum at The Royal Mandaya Hotel that the statement of the Save our Schools (SOS) Network about human rights abuses and the army's abduction of a student is devoid of truth.
“We challenge them to file a complaint in proper forum ‘yong legal remedies para mailabas kung kami nagkasala at nag-abduct na isang tao, we do not do that,” Balagtey said.
The military officer questioned the veracity of the group's claims citing that the SOS could not even provide proper information on the child allegedly kidnapped, scoffing off this claim as yet another ploy to discredit the military and nothing else.
“Propaganda is propaganda kahit na mag reach out tayo they will not answer, kaya nga sabi ko may mga legal remedies naman na pwede nilang i-apela kung nag violate ang sundalo,” he said.
No reports of human rights violations have been so far reported to their office in as far as EMC is concern.
He urged them to substantiate their accusations and heed to appropriate agencies established to assist Martial Law victims of abuses by the soldiers in the wake of its implementation.
So far, the help desk of Ateneo Law School and even the Commission on Human Rights maintained its clean record of any HR violations.
Meanwhile, he reiterated that they are willing to turn over the Civilian Armed Forces Geographical Unit, who is now under the custody of the 72nd Infantry Battalion allegedly fired at Salugpongan Community Learning Center if they filed a case against them.