Contractor risks cancellation of permits

BAGUIO City Councilor Leandro Yangot warned that he will move to cancel the permits of EBA Construction if it does not speed up the repair of the South Drive section damaged by the ongoing construction of a nine-storey building.

After the ocular inspection on Monday morning, July 24, of the South Drive Lot owned by Eusebio Aquino under EBA Construction, Yangot said “we found out the building contractor had not complied with their commitment to act on the concern asap (as soon as possible).”

“Remember, they committed to finish within 60 days. At the rate they are going, di matatapos ‘yon. Sandbags and tolda (tent) lang ginamit to cover the eroded part of the road,” added Yangot.

“Failure to comply means we will move for the cancellation of their permits,” Yangot said.

Last week, Aldo Calderon representing EBA Construction and building owner Eusebio Aquino faced the City Council over inconveniences caused by construction of a high-rise building along South Drive and vowed to work 24/7 on the damaged road, which has worsened traffic woes and caused alarm among the residents.

The construction of the nine-storey building caused the city-owned road and the private property of the Calinao family, adjacent the Aquino-owned lot, to subside.

The building has six floors designed as a hotel while the remaining floors will serve as parking spaces. Construction has encroached the road and the nearby Calinao property.

City Buildings and Architecture Office (CBAO) head Nazita Banez last week also signified her frustration and said a case against the construction team may be in order if repairs will not ensue, adding she has since denied a new excavation permit for the construction of the building pending resolution of the present mess the project is in.

The company has likewise not responded to complaints by the village chief as well as government line agencies, breaking their silence only when the local council asked for their presence during its regular session.

Association of Barangay Councils chairperson Micheal Lawana, who called for the investigation of the issue seemed satisfied with the work of EBA.

"Double time naman sila on the slope protection measures," he added.

"We stand by our advice that they have 60 days effective July 19 to stabilize the slope area," Lawana said.
style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">



style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="4158864647">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph