THE Davao City Health Office (CHO) is still checking on where the contamination happened such that a flavored shake bought by children last Friday at Francisco S. Dizon Elementary School landed 15 students and an adult to the hospital.

CHO Environment Sanitation Division chief Robert Oconer said Monday that the 15 students affected by the food poisoning have already been discharged from the hospitals.

"Second round of investigation today: dalawa yung target, yung distributor ng powdered shake at yung nagtitinda po," Oconer said.

He said the cause of the food poisoning is still inconclusive because they are still waiting for the laboratory results.

"Icu-culture pa po siya ang sabi ng Department of Health pinakamabilis po is one week," Oconer said.

He also said that if the shake flavoring is not expired, the other culprit could be the ice used.

He said that the distributor of the shake powder denied selling the product but the vendor has a receipt for his purchase.

"Yung distributor nagsinunggaling na po siya sa atin e, ang sabi po niya hindi po siya nagbebenta ng ganung ano bubble gum flavor, pero nagpakita po sa atin ng bumili ano ayan po ang resibo hindi pa siya OR parang one-fourth paper lang. June 16 pa, so meaning bago lang niya nabili pero sabi po ng distributor sa atin 'wala na ko nagatinda ato nga flavoring' pero ayan po pinakita sa atin ang resibo dun niya binili talaga ito," Oconer said.

The quickest penalty, he said, will be revocation of permit and outright closure if the establishment is found to have sold the powder and if the powder is pinpointed as the cause of the poisoning.

But the City Legal Office may add more penalties, Oconer said.