AUTHORITIES conducted a hot-pursuit operation against members of the New People's Army (NPA) following a clash last week in parts of Marilog District and Arakan, North Cotabato.
"Ongoing pa ang operation namin and we are still tracking kung nasaan ang mga kalaban (Our operations are ongoing and we are still tracking where the enemies are)," 3rd Infantry Battalion (IB) commander Lieutenant Colonel Raymund Dante Lachica said on Tuesday, September 5.
Since last Friday, government troops engaged in a series of firefight with the undetermined number of communist rebels that broke out around 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. The rebels retreated to the southern part.
Prior to the clash, the 3rd IB received reports from the residents that there are armed men lurking in their community who are suspected to be members of the Pulang Bagani Command 2.
The MG520-attack-helicopter from Tactical Operating Group-Davao proceeded to the encounter site to conduct Close Air Support and delivered the first round of fires towards the NPA's position.
Around 1:40 p.m., the MG520 delivered another round of air-strike at 150 meters southwest of the encounter site were the NPA's withdrew.
Jenife Kingco, Barangay Captain of San Miguel, also expressed gratitude to the Armed Forces for protecting their community against the rebels.
Lachica, likewise, assured the public that his troops will abide by the rule of law and adhere to the Human Rights, Rules of Engagement and will only stick to their mission.
Meanwhile, Lachica said they are certain there were wounded rebels due to the blood stains seen at the encounter site.