THE National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) 7 did not find any indication that foul play was involved in the death of PO1 Christopher Ruiz Jr.

Dr. Rene Cam, NBI 7 medico-legal officer who conducted the autopsy, said there was no signs that would suggest PO1 Ruiz was intentionally killed.

He saw burns in the left hand, specifically between the thumb and index finger of PO1 Ruiz, who reportedly died after he was electrocuted inside the camp of the Regional Public Safety Batallion (RPSB) 7 in Sibonga, Cebu last Monday morning.

Cam further said he noticed “pinpoint hemorrhages” in the heart and lungs.

NBI 7 will still investigate the incident to determine if the nature of the electrocution was accidental or not.

The autopsy was done upon the request of the policeman’s father, Atty. Christopher Ruiz Sr., a former police officer.

“At least we could now eliminate the suspicion that he suffered injuries other than the one caused by the alleged electrocution and the investigation can now proceed to other aspects,” said Atty. Ruiz.

The investigation conducted by Sibonga Police Station showed that the death of PO1 Ruiz was accidental.

PO1 Ruiz was part of the new batch of recruits undergoing training at the RPSB 7. He arrived at the camp last Saturday.

Last Monday morning, PO1 Ruiz participated in a series of exercises before the incident happened outside St. Joseph Chapel.

He reportedly held a dangling live wire to allow his fellow trainees to pass by.

Senior Supt. Rey Lyndon Lawas of the Police Regional Office (PRO) 7 said there were lapses committed by the assistant instructor assigned in the area where the electrocution happened.

He did not identify the instructor pending result of the investigation.

An administrative complaint may be filed against the instructor if he would be proven negligent of his tasks.

Lawas, acting directorial staff chief of PRO 7, said he was told by investigators that there was a chafed portion on the wire and the electrical tape that covered it was loose.

“We will look into it...Was the incident intentional?” he asked.

Lawas said he will order RPSB 7 Commander Clifford Gairanod to check the wirings and review safety measures in the camp.