A FORMER lawmaker demanded on Thursday the disclosure of expenses incurred during the peace talks with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).

Former Negros Oriental representative Jacinto Paras, in a forum, said all expenses incurred by the government during the peace process with Moro rebels should be made public by President Benigno Aquino III.

"Pangulo, ibigay mo naman ang data sa taong bayan kasi taxpayer's money ito, ang mga taga Luzon, Visayas ay nagbabayad ng buwis nila pero ang makikinabang ay doon sa Mindanao," said Paras.

Paras said the government is obliged to divulge the expenditures of the programs and projects that it implements.

"I challenge the government and Mr. President Aquino dapat they should be transparent and dapat bigyan tayo ng accounting kung magkano ang nagastos ng ating [government], wala akong nabalitaan na appropriation," said Paras.

Paras further said that the government has already spent about P40 million since it started negotiating with the Moro revolutionary group.

Paras has filed last week a petition questioning the legality of the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro and the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro. (With Roanne Therese Almonina and Monica Padillo, UST Journalism interns/Sunnex)