IT was an exciting afternoon for beauty-curious Cebuanas last weekend at Rustan’s The Beauty Source. Everyone was eagerly watching makeup artist Nivien Soledad create a wearable summer makeup look using all NARS products.
1. As ever, good makeup starts with prepped skin. Aqua Gel Luminous oil free moisturizer is enriched with Dynamic Aqua Technology to retain moisture, but isn’t sticky due to its lightweight gel texture. The trademarked Light Reflecting Complex adds youthful radiance to any skin type.
2. Follow with Total Replenishing eye cream, as caring for this sensitive area is a must, day and night.
3. With all the sebum and sweat our faces are producing due to the summer heat, makeup needs something to cling to. Pore and Shine Control primer refines and mattifies, while diminishing obvious pores.
4. The recently released Natural Radiant Longwear foundation is a breathable, lightweight formula that provides coverage while being untraceable on skin. Fruit extracts improve the look of skin instantly and more so over time.
5. Nivien said repeatedly that she swears by loose powder for any makeup application. Soft Velvet loose powder sets makeup and controls oil like most loose powders do, but is uniquely infused with Photochromatic Technology to flatter skin in any light with a soft-focus finish.
6. Two of NARS’ cult products, Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush, honestly look good on just about everyone. I myself have been using them for years and still love how they look at every application.
7. The new Highlighting Powders had everyone on a high after the workshop. Fans of highlighters or glowy skin (so, just about all of us?) will love that this formula feels different, like a creamy powder. Only a few stocks were brought in that day from Manila and several were snapped up right then, so better check the counter ASAP if you’ve been waiting for these! More about this gorgeous product soon, as I have been testing and loving my own purchase.
8. Avoid harsh, squared-off brows by starting to apply product halfway or ¾ into the brow, then just blend in the rest.
9. Most of us don’t have the time (and many admit, neither the skill) to do a complicated eyeshadow look. Just sweep on a neutral brown shadow all over the lids, but define the eyes further with eyeliner and mascara.
10. For daytime, Nivien prefers a matte lip, so she used Powermatte Lip Pigment. If you want to add a little sheen, top off with Velvet Lip Glide.