Why does the coming of a new year create a need or a habit of making new resolutions?
Did you make a list of New Year's Resolutions for 2009?
How did you fare?
What about the previous years? Are you proud of your track record?
Or, would you rather not talk about it?
Did you simply give up, and conveniently forgot you made some commitments?
Commitments? Are New Year's Resolutions supposed to be commitments, or just "WISHFUL THOUGHTS"?
Did you blame Mr. Alzheimer for being conveniently "forgetful" as early as March, or even February, of each year?
If the batting average of success for these so-called resolutions or "wishful thoughts" is so bad, why do we still keep making them?
The answer is HOPE! "Hope springs eternal", as they say.
We always HOPE we will do better next year!
We keep HOPING we can make our dreams come true.
But wouldn't it be great if we couple our HOPE to fulfill our new year's resolutions with FAITH and ACTION?
Faith that we can do it! And action to make our goals become reality!
Hebrews 11.1 says, "FAITH is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see."
1 Peter 1:13 says, "Therefore prepare your minds for ACTION; be self-controlled; set your HOPE fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."
My Dearest New Year’s resolution makers,
Is there anything wrong in making resolutions?
I don't think so!
Resolutions are like goals.
But just like goals, it pays to make our resolutions S.M.A.R.T. !
S - Specific M - Measurable A - Attainable R - Relevant T- Time-bound
And, it will help if…
1. You are DETERMINED to make your goals happen!
2. You are COMMITTED to them!
3. You are WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE!
4. You ACT on your plans TODAY, NOT TOMORROW!
5. You PERSEVERE in the face of obstacles.
6. You PRAY and seek God's help to accomplish them.
7. You SHARE your resolutions with a friend who cares and is in a position to help you attain your goals.
8. You MOTIVATE yourself by visualizing the benefits you will get by achieving your goals!
9. You have a GREAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE (G.P.A.), and
10. You have a clear PURPOSE for setting each goal!
If you do it for someone else OR for SOMEONE up there, the purpose becomes very powerful!
Continue to HOPE that you can do it.
Maintain the FAITH that God will help you.
And, Just DO It!
Philippians 3:13 says, "But one thing I do; forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
For feedback and comments, please text or call the author at 0917-5064759 or email him at "firstname.lastname@example.org"