BAGUIO City is now prepping up for the 15th Panagbenga festival as the City Council approved the event secretariat's proposal for the closure of some roads and the use of parks.

The secretariat asked for the closure of Military Cut-Off Road to Lower Session Road from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. on February 1, which will open the month-long festival.

Click here for stories and updates on the Sinulog 2010 Festival.

The Athletic Bowl will also be used during the day for the elimination round of the street dancing competition and fireworks display.

The secretariat also asked for the closure of Lake Drive on January 24 to March 7 for the Market Encounter and Landscaping Contest.

Committee on Trade and Commerce head Councilor Elaine Sembrano said the Panagbenga foundation promised to organize the collection of fees for the activity.

She said the Hotel and Restaurants Association of Baguio will facilitate the collection and will issue the receipts to Market Encounter participants.

Sembrano said the foundation has also promised there will be no subleasing of stalls.

Only 290 stalls will be allowed to be set up along Jose Abad Santos Drive.

She said proper waste management will also be observed by the Panagbenga foundation.

"They promised naman na aayusin na yung mga naging problema last year," Sembrano said.

The council also approved the Panagbenga Foundation's proposal to use the Burnham Park and Lake for the Fluvial parade, closure of road for Abanao nights, closure of roads for the Street and Float parade, closure of session road for the Session road in Bloom and the use of Melvin Jones for the Pony Boys day.

The Legarda Rocks event is still being studied and for consultation with the barangays. (Visha Calventas)