MORE charges are piling on against Jason Ivler, suspect in the killing of a Malacañang official’s son during a traffic altercation in Quezon City late last year.

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is now readying the filing of an additional complex charge of direct assault with frustrated murder and attempted murder against Ivler when he resisted arrest and traded shots with NBI agents inside his mother’s home last Monday.

Click here for stories and updates on the Sinulog 2010 Festival.

Ivler was wounded during the encounter, but he managed to fire shots at two NBI operatives who came to arrest him in connection with the killing of Renato Victor Ebarle Jr., son of Undersecretary Ebarle Sr. last November 18.

Lawyer Angelito Magno, chief of the Special Action Unit (SAU), said Ivler will be charged for violation of Article 148 of the Revised Penal Code (RPC) with violation of Article 248 for frustrated murder and attempted murder at the Quezon City Prosecutor’s Office.

The charges are in connection with the gunshot wound sustained by NBI Special Investigator Anna Lira Labao and attempted murder for the wound inflicted to Magno.

“We hope we can file this by January 20 or early Thursday morning. We are just waiting for additional documents,” Magno said.

The NBI is also considering the transfer of Ivler from the Quirino Memorial Medical Center to another hospital for security reasons and better facility, pursuant to the wishes of his mother, Marlene Aguilar.

“The NBI and Ivler’s mother have talked about the matter. The mother said she is so concerned for her son and she want to transfer him to a better facility. The NBI want that the new hospital is just near but no specific hospital yet,” said Ross Bautista, executive officer of the Office of Intelligence Services of the NBI.

Meanwhile, the NBI has already discounted the filing of drug charges against Ivler and Aguilar after confirmatory test conducted on the suspected marijuana found from their house in Blue Ridge, Quezon City yielded negative.

Aguilar posted P12,000 bail on Tuesday night at the Manila Metropolitan Trial Court (MTC) where she was charged with obstruction of justice for harboring a suspected criminal.

Judge Joel Lucasan was the bail duty judge. He signed the release order at 7 p.m. The release order was presented to NBI around 7:30 p.m.

Aguilar’s lawyer Mitzell Arthur Christian Magdaong posted bail in her behalf. She was then detained at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) jail at that time. (JCV/Sunnex)