THE family and friends of nursing student Tara Conlu who was murdered in September 2008 have expressed dismay on the delayed judgment of the victim’s death.
Conlu's murderers had been jailed but the court "still has no ruling on the case", the victim's family said.
Conlu, 22, was found lifeless bathing in her own blood in a sugarcane field in Barangay 5, Silay City last Sept. 6, 2008 with 23 stab wounds in the different parts of her body, perpetrated by tricycle drivers as her murderers.
Silay City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 69 under Judge Felipe Banzon earlier held a marathon hearing which according to Conlu's family, until now no result or final judgment had been made.
Banzon could not be reached as of press time to comment. The media earlier had been barred from attending the hearing venue.
Branch 69, in a statement released in 2008, said: "the gathering of evidences and the numbers of witnesses was one of the main reason that puts the hearing in slow motion."
Silay City Councilor Marie June Castro, known advocate for women's cause, said that perhaps it's the right time for justice to be served to the Conlus.
Conlu family said they hope that the court would finally rule the case before Tara's 2nd death anniversary.
Also earlier, Silay Police Chief Superintendent Jerry Bartolome assured the Conlus that the case is considered solved but however the Conlus refuted thus expressed dissatisfaction with the way the case is treated by court.
Meanwhile, the "Pakigbato ni Tara, Padayunon Ta" Movement, compose of church leaders and members, teachers, students, government officials, and even ordinary civilians of Silay, in their statement said that their cause is to urge the court for its speedy resolve of the Tara's murder.
Conlu was on her way home from a night shift duty in a food chain in Bacolod City where she worked as a part time crew.
The driver of the tricycle that she boarded, along with another driver, were named suspects by the police as her murderer, now detained at the Silay City Police Station.