FIFTY-ONE corporate social programs and leaders across Asia were selected as recipients of the Asia Responsible Enterprise Awards 2018.
The awards are organized by Enterprise Asia, the leading non-governmental organization for entrepreneurship to honor and recognize the top CSR initiatives in Asia and championing socially responsible businesses. They were held in the Philippines this year, after having been held in Thailand, Singapore and Macau previously.
Among the 51 award recipients, two won in the Responsible Business Leadership category, namely, Joseph Huang, CEO of E.SUN Financial Holding Co. Ltd. and Madam Thai Huong, chairperson of TH Group, for their role in promoting CSR best practices within their organizations and across their respective industries.
Areeya Property Public Company Limited was also among the recipients under the Investment in People category with their CSR initiative, Better Life for Our House Builders. Areeya Property built a “Sustainable Happiness” concept to develop the quality of house builder’s life.
Over 200 submissions from 14 countries were received from companies across Asia, with judges led by Ambassador-at-Large of Taiwan and former minister of Foreign Affairs and minister of Environment of Taiwan, Dr. Eugene Chien, sieving through the submission over a three-month judging period.
Besides being able to demonstrate the design and execution of sound and effective CSR programs, nominees are required to demonstrate the extent that CSR practices have been institutionalized within their organizations and the measurable impact of their programs to people, community and environment.
The awards honor Asian businesses for championing sustainable and responsible business practices, demonstrating companies' leadership, sincerity and ongoing commitment in incorporating responsible and ethical values, compliance, investment in stakeholders, involvement in communities and protection of the environment into the way they run their businesses.
President of Enterprise Asia Dato' William Ng said: "The quality of this year's submission is outstanding. It was a truly monumental task to decide on the best, as every submission was of very high quality -- demonstrating the expertise and capability of the region's CSR practitioners. This is a far cry from when we first started giving out the awards in the year 2009. Much thought has been given to impact and measurability, as a result of increased reporting requirements."
Below are the Asia Responsible Enterprise Awards 2018 recipients.
Responsible Business Leadership
* Joseph Huang, CEO of E.Sun Financial Holding Co. Ltd (Taiwan)
* Madam Thai Huong, Founder and Investment Consultant of TH Group (Vietnam)
* Pt Badak NGL, Bontang Kuala Ecotourism (Indonesia)
* BDO Foundation, Providing Aid for Persons with Disabilities Displays By Typhoon Haiyan (Philippines)
* Beijing Geoenviron Engineering & Technology Inc. Plan for BGE to take Enterprise Social Responsibility (China)
* China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited, Mengniu Nutrition for All Program (China)
* CTBC Financial Holding Co., Ltd, CTBC Drug Abuse Prevention Project (Taiwan)
* Dimension Data (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Partnership with Care Singapore (Singapore)
* E.SUN Commercial Bank, Ltd, E.SUN Golden Seed Project (Taiwan)
* Energy Absolute PCL, Ease Organic: The Organic Farming to Ease Farmers Based on 3Win Concept (Thailand)
* ERA Realty Network Pte Ltd, ERA & SOSD Saving Dogs Together (Singapore)
* FINTQnologies Corp, KasamaKA (Philippines)
* FrieslandCampina (Hong Kong) Limited, New Generation Milk Tea Master Training Programme 2017 (Hog Kong)
* Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Fubon Life-The People’s Brand and Your Reliable Good Neighbor – “Five Major Charity Programs” (Taiwan)
* Government Savings Bank, GSB Pracharat Project (Thailand)
* GreenFeed Vietnam Corporation, Helping Their Farmers to Keep Their Children to Go To School (Vietnam)
* PT HM Sampoerna Tbk, Access to Clean Water (Indonesia)
* IRPC Public Company Limited, Smile Farm for Chance (Thailand)
* NWS Holdings Limited, NWS Career Navigator for Youth (Hong Kong)
* Pandora Production Co., Ltd, PANDORA’s My School Project (Thailand)
* PT Pembangkitan Jawa-Bali (PJB), Paljaya Ecotourism (Indonesia)
* Philam Foundation Inc., Philam Savings Awareness and Values Education Session (Philippines)
* Resorts World Manila, LOVE Dish 2017 (Philippines)
* Taiwan Power Company, High Quality Power Service Provider Electricity Inclusion and Reliability (Taiwan)
Investment in People
* AP (Thailand) Public Company Limited, AP Space Scholarship (Thailand)
* Areeya Property Public Company Limited, Better Life for Our House Builders (Thailand)
* Berjaya Starbucks Coffee Company Sdn Bhd, Starbucks Signing Store (Malaysia)
* Cathay Financial Holdings Co., Ltd, Talent Development Program (Taiwan)
* Chow Steel Industries Public Company Limited, CHOW Sharing and Giving Brick (Thailand)
* E.SUN Commercial Bank, Ltd, Digital Talent Cultivation Program (Taiwan)
* Rohto Asia Herb (Thailand) Co., Ltd, Asia Herb Way (Thailand)
* PT Bhimasena Power Indonesia (BPI), Improving Community Health Quality Through Local Institution Engagement, Strengthening & Self-Reliant (Indonesia)
* CTBC Financial Holding Co., Ltd, Living a Colorful Life with a Health Liver (Taiwan)
* FrieslandCampina (Hong Kong) Limited, OPTIMAL Feel Young on the Inside Health Promotion Campaign (Hong Kong)
* Kumpulan Perangsang Selangor Berhad, SPORTS FOR ALL’ Programme 2017 (Malaysia)
* Perma Corporation Ltd, Perma for Better Quality of Life (Thailand)
* PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP) Indonesia, Layanan Kesehatan Cuma-Cuma (LKC) (Indonesia)
* Realtek Semiconductor Corporation, Incense and Censer Reduction at Taipei Lungshan Temple – Effect of AirBox and Big Data Analytics (Taiwan)
* Taiwan Star Telecom Co., Ltd, Mysterious Black Spot (Taiwan)
* TH Food Chain Joint Stock Company, Organic Fresh Milk Production and Organic Food Development (Vietnam)
* Thai Life Insurance PCL, One for Lives, A New Life for a Child’s Heart (Thailand)
* Uniben Joint Stock Company, Creating, Producing and Distributing a New Kind of Bouillon to Prevent Iodine Deficiency in Vietnam (Vietnam)
* Asia Cement Corporation, Cement Plant/Mining Area Sustainable Green Action Project (Taiwan)
* Beijing Geoenviron Engineering & Technology, Inc, Plan for BGE to Implement Environment Governance, Green Development and Green Education (China)
* British American Tobacco Bangladesh, DEEPTO: The Solar Home System (Bangladesh)
* EDL - Generation Public Company (EDL – GEN), Social Engagement & Environmental Conservation of EDL-Generation Public Company (Laos)
* Malaysian Mosaics Berhad, MML® - Waste Heat Recovery for Reducing Carbon Foorprint (Malaysia)
* Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA), Smart Metro Poles for Thailand’s Coast Protection (Thailand)
* Pimalai Resort and Spa, Pinmalai’s Rak Lanta (Thailand)
* PTT Exploration and Production PCL, H.T.M.S. Underwater Learning Site Project (Thailand)
* Cathay Financial Holdings Co., Ltd, Sustainable Governance (Taiwan) (PR)